返回列表 回复 发帖

FDA批准开始Usher综合征基因治疗临床试验

FDA Approves Start of Usher Syndrome Gene Therapy Clinical Trial
October 18, 2011 - A clinical trial of UshStat®, a gene therapy for Usher syndrome type 1B, is on track to begin by the end of 2011, thanks to the FDA’s approval of the Investigative New Drug application submitted by Oxford BioMedica, the developer of the treatment. Oxford is in the process of working with the investigators to obtain the final approvals from local institutional review boards to initiate the study. When the trial proceeds it will be the first-ever human study of a vision treatment for Usher syndrome, the world’s leading cause of combined deafness and blindness, affecting as many as 50,000 people in the United States.

The Phase I/IIa clinical trial for UshStat® will be conducted at Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), under the leadership of Dr. Richard Weleber, director of the Foundation-funded OHSU Research Center for the Study of Retinal Degenerative Diseases. As many as 18 patients will be enrolled in the study, which will evaluate three different doses of UshStat® for safety, tolerability, and biological activity. The Foundation Fighting Blindness funded the preclinical studies that made the UshStat® clinical trial possible.

“The FDA’s approval of the IND for UshStat® is a major milestone in the drive to overcome a particularly devastating disease,” says Dr. Stephen Rose, chief research officer of the Foundation. “For the many people struggling with Usher 1B, the treatment can’t come soon enough.”

Usher syndrome 1B is caused by defects in the gene MY07A, which plays multiple roles in the health and function of the retina. The UshStat® treatment delivers copies of the corrective MY07A gene to affected cells in the retina using Oxford’s LentiVector® technology. Based on a lentivirus, the LentiVector® technology involves a genetically engineered virus developed specifically for therapeutic purposes. Oxford’s gene delivery technology is currently the best available for delivering relatively large genes, such as MY07A. Based on preclinical studies, researchers believe a single application of UshStat® will last many years, perhaps a lifetime.

There are three primary types of Usher syndrome — types 1, 2 and 3 — and several subtypes represented by letters. Generally speaking, people with Usher syndrome type 1B are born with profound hearing loss and progressive vision loss that is diagnosed during childhood.

The planned UshStat® clinical trial will be Oxford’s third gene therapy clinical trial for a retinal degenerative disease. The company currently has a Phase I/IIa clinical trial of gene therapy for Stargardt disease (StarGen™) underway at OHSU and soon to open at the FFB-funded Center in Paris under the direction of Professor Jose Sahel, as well as a Phase I clinical study of gene therapy for wet age-related macular degeneration (RetinoStat®) taking place at Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital.
抢个沙发! 没看懂......
改变我能改变的,接受我不能改变的。
谢谢飞狐大哥的分享.请哪位高手帮忙翻译一下.
看了这篇文章我都怀疑我四级使怎么过的    哎
我们等待那一天
好消息,期望尽快引进到国内。谢谢飞狐!
谢谢飞狐带来的好消息,Usher综合征的患者离希望进一步了。
临床试验?那是不是只要试验取得成功就可以用于治疗了?
不管多远的路,也能走到尽头;不论多深的痛苦,也会有结束的一天。
FDA批准开始Usher综合征基因治疗临床试验
年10月18,2011年 - 一个UshStat ®,一个亚瑟综合征类型1B基因治疗临床试验,是有望在2011年底开始,由于FDA的批准的调查新药物牛津BioMedica,开发商提交的应用程序治疗。牛津大学是在与调查工作,获得当地的机构审查委员会的最终批准启动研究的过程中。审判的收益,这将是人类有史以来第一次为Usher综合征,世界领先的合并耳聋和失明的原因,影响多达50000人在美国,视力治疗研究。

第一阶段I / IIA UshStat ®的临床试验将进行,俄勒冈卫生科学大学(OHSU的),凯西眼科研究所领导下,视网膜研究基金会资助的OHSU的研究中心主任理查德博士Weleber退化性疾病。多达18个的患者将被登记在研究中,将评估三种不同剂量UshStat ®的安全性,耐受性和生物活性。基金会资助的战斗失明UshStat ®临床试验的临床前研究。

“UshStat ® IND FDA的批准是在驱动器克服了一个特别具有破坏性的疾病的一个重要里程碑,说:”玫瑰,基金会的首席研究人员斯蒂芬博士。 “对于许多人挣扎亚瑟1B,治疗不能很快就够了。”

Usher综合征1B是在其中扮演多个角色,在视网膜的健康和功能基因MY07A,的缺陷造成的。 UshStat ®治疗提供纠正MY07A基因的副本,受影响的细胞在视网膜上,使用牛津LentiVector ®技术。基于慢病毒,LentiVector ®技术包括基因工程病毒,开发专门用于治疗目的。牛津大学的基因传递技术是目前最好的提供比较大的基因,如MY07A,的。根据临床前研究,研究人员认为,单一的UshStat ®应用程序将持续多年,也许一辈子。

有三个主要类型Usher综合征 - 类型1,2和3 - 字母代表的几个亚型。一般来说,Ush​​er综合征1B型的人天生具有深厚的听力损失和渐进的视力减退,在童年诊断。

计划UshStat ®临床试验将牛津的第三个基因治疗视网膜退行性疾病的临床试验。该公司目前拥有一个阶段我/第IIa Stargardt病的基因治疗临床试验(StarGen™)正在进行在OHSU和即将开启教授圣何塞萨赫勒方向FFB的资助下,在巴黎的中心,以及一个阶段,我基因治疗湿性年龄相关性黄斑变性的临床研究(RetinoStat ®)在威尔默眼科研究所,约翰霍普金斯医院的地方。
生命不息,战斗不止。
看来不久Usher综合征既可以得到治疗了
对必然之事,切轻快地加以承受。
各位战友们坚持住阿。。。。
多认识些朋友。。。。
返回列表