返回列表 回复 发帖

Stargardt病和湿性AMD的基因疗法迄今认为是安全的

If you’re going on a cross-country road trip, the highlight of your journey is not the safety check. Putting air in the tires, topping off the brake and power-steering fluids, making sure the front and back lights are working properly and adjusting the mirrors are not cause for raucous celebration.

But without taking these safety precautions, your trip could turn out very badly; you not only might not get where you’re going, you might get injured or worse. Taking a “safety first” approach is important in many of life’s endeavors, including the development of sight-saving treatments for retinal diseases.
That’s why I was pleased to recently learn that Oxford BioMedica’s StarGen™ gene therapy for Stargardt disease and RetinoStat® gene therapy for wet age-related macular degeneration received positive interim safety reviews from a Data and Safety Monitoring Board, an independent panel of science and medical experts, which monitors patient safety and treatment efficacy data for a clinical trial. The Foundation requires a DSMB for all its clinical trials, to ensure that no study participant is unnecessarily put in harm’s way.
After 12 months, eight patients in the Phase I/IIa StarGen clinical trial receiving the lowest dose (dose level 1) treatment have experienced no adverse events, and the DSMB supports treating four additional patients with a higher dose (dose level 2). If the safety profile of StarGen continues to be good, four additional patients will receive the highest dose (dose level 3).
In the Phase I RetinoStat clinical trial, a total of nine patients have been treated thus far with no adverse events. Three patients have been treated for each of three different dosing levels, with the first patients having received the dose level 1 treatment 18 months ago. In addition, the treatments are expressing the therapeutic proteins they were designed to express. The DSMB supports the treatment of nine additional patients in the RetinoStat trial.
The DSMB has not issued a safety review yet for the Phase I/II clinical trial of UshStat®, Oxford BioMedica’s gene therapy for Usher syndrome type 1B. That trial began in March 2012, so I wouldn’t expect a report until next year.
I know for those of you losing vision to retinal diseases, an announcement of safety for a treatment may not be the big news that you hope for, and that is perfectly understandable. You want your vision saved or restored. But please keep in mind that safety is the primary goal of these early-stage studies, and without safety, you have nothing.
Gene therapies, with as much promise as they hold, are still cutting-edge treatment approaches – which is why you can’t currently walk into a doctor’s office and ask for one. But our goal at the Foundation Fighting Blindness is to develop it to the point where your doctor says, “Gene therapy for your vision — no problem.” Safety is an essential step toward getting there.
生命不息,战斗不止。
没有翻译 看不懂 呵呵
等待大神的翻译
自古雄才多磨难,从来纨绔少伟男。
建议大家使用 google chrome浏览器,它可以将英文网页直接翻译成中文。
生命不息,战斗不止。
本帖最后由 开心之硕 于 2012-8-20 00:12 编辑

1# 凤凰涅盘
我自己翻译的,大家将就看一下,请问一下凤凰大哥,这是谁作的一次报告?

如果你打算进行一次跨国旅游,那么你旅程的重点之一是安全检查。给轮胎打气,加装刹车,调试方向盘灵活性,确保前后车灯可以正常工作,调整后视镜时镜子不会发出沙哑噪声。
   但是如果没有这些安全预防,你的旅行将可能变得非常糟糕,不仅去不了想去的地方,而且还可能受伤或者更严重。采取“安全第一”的步骤对于生活中的许多事情都是重要的,包括恢复视力和视网膜的治疗。
   这就是为什么我最近乐意的了解到:Oxford BioMedica的治疗Stargardt 的StarGen™基因疗法和治疗湿性AMD的RetinoStat®基因疗法,这两种基因疗法收到数据和安全控制委员会(DSMB)的积极的间歇过渡性的安全回顾检验,数据和安全控制委员(DSMB)会是一个科学和医疗专家团队,它管理着临床试验的病人安全和治疗效果的数据,基金会要求对每一项临床试验进行数据和安全管理,以确保研究的参与者不会受到不必要的伤害。
   8名StarGen基因临床疗法的试验者在临床一期和二期接收了最低剂量(一级剂量)的治疗,12个月后他们没有任何反作用,DSMB支持另外增加剂量治疗病人的测试(二级剂量)。如果StarGen疗法的安全评估仍然良好的话,四位病人将接受最高剂量(三级剂量)的治疗。
   一期试验中,RetinoStat的临床治疗共有9名病人接受了治疗并且没有出现反作用。另有三位病人分别接受三种不同剂量的治疗,第一位病人18个月前接受一级剂量的治疗,并且显现出了预期的有治疗效果蛋白质。DSMB支持另外9名病人进行RetinoStat临床治疗试验。
   对于开始于2012年3月的Oxford BioMedica的用于治疗1B型尤塞斯综合征的UshStat&reg基因疗法,DSMB还没有提议安全回顾检验,所以我估计直到下一年才会有报告。
   对于你们因为视网膜疾病而失去视力,一项安全报告并不是你们期盼的兴奋消息,这点我可以理解。你们需要的是视力保留及恢复。但是必须清楚,这些早期的研究的基本目标,没有安全,那么你们将一无所有。
   基因疗法,就像人们所期待的那样,任然是前沿尖端治疗方法,所以你还不能直接到医诊所里面直接接受一项基因疗法。但我们抗盲基金会的目标是:你的医生可以对你说:“基因疗法适合恢复你的视力——这点没有问题。”安全是到达这一点的必要一步。
谢谢楼主分享!
这篇文章的主要意思是说牛津生物医药公司治疗stargardt's病(少年性黄斑变性,遗传性黄斑营养不良)和湿性黄斑变性的基因药物StarGen,RetinoStat的一期临床试验数据正面。更详细的数据将在本年度4季度发表。
卒之出现了第一个人类基因临床治疗报告
已?再是老鼠和狗
正式行出第一步
人生要抱有希望,但行动上要作出最坏的打算
希望大家都可以尽快步向光明之路
5# 开心之硕
非常感谢你的翻译!
自古雄才多磨难,从来纨绔少伟男。
感谢楼主的分享!
返回列表